To write a few lines on “enthuse”
Is not something that I would choose
Trying time after time
To find just the right rhyme
Is a sure way to end up confused.
But if I’m afraid of confusion,
I’m suffering from a delusion
For as soon as I start
Words erupt like a f***
The result is a foregone conclusion
And so I begin to enthuse
As I yield to the power of my muse
I no longer grumble
As words start to tumble
And I choose the right cues to amuse
As my mind leaps across the wide chasm
From apathy to verbal spasm
My words are fantastic
And I end up with graphospasm!
Don’t take this condition too lightly
For no matter how youthful or sprightly
It’s a spasm that lingers
Twixt thumb and forefingers
From gripping a pencil too tightly.
This is my offering to Stream of Consciousness Saturday. The prompt word is ‘enthuse’.
Here are the rules:
- Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
- Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
- There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” or “Begin with the word ‘The’.”
- Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments, for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
- Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
- Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
- Have fun!